Dear PHA International Conference 2015 Paper Presenters,
The Historical Bulletin (HB), official journal of the Philippine Historical Association (PHA), is publishing select papers from the Philippine Historical Association International Conference held at the University of Santo Tomas in August 2015.
As a presenter, you are cordially invited to submit a manuscript of your paper for the next issue of the journal. Please take note that the Historical Bulletin is now a double-blind, peer reviewed publication and all submissions shall undergo the review process. Information about submission criteria and the review process are explained below in the Policies and Guidelines for Manuscript Submissions.
Historical Bulletin Policies and Guidelines for Manuscript Submissions
1. A manuscript that is concurrently under consideration, has been published or is soon to be published, in print and/or electronic form, by another journal, website or press SHALL NOT be considered for publication in the Historical Bulletin. Restrictions cover the substance as well as the exact wording of the manuscript.
2. Manuscripts must be written in English or Filipino, originally researched, historical in subject matter and fully cited using endnotes.
3. Submissions should include an abstract of 150-200 words and up to five key words.
4. The title, authors name, email address, contact numbers, profile and other relevant information shall be stated on a separate page.
5. All manuscripts should be written using Microsoft Office Word 2007 or compatible text format, typed double-spaced in Times New Roman, font size 12.
6. Article length manuscripts should consist of 7,000 to 10,000 words including notes and references.
7. All submissions should be written in accordance with Chicago Manual of Style (16th Edition).
8. Authors must submit an electronic copy of their manuscript to:
PHILIPPINE HISTORICAL ASSOCIATION
9. The manuscript will be evaluated by the editor. Manuscripts that conform to the above stated guidelines shall be sent out for double-blind, peer review. Authors of manuscripts that do not qualify shall be notified immediately.
10. Once received, the comments of the peer reviewers shall be taken into consideration by the editor and the author may be required to revise the manuscript within a stated period. The editor reserves the right to accept, postpone or decline its publication.
11. A manuscript accepted for publication shall be edited by the journal staff before being sent back to the author for final changes and approval. At this stage, no substantial rewrites may be made.
On behalf of the Editorial Board of the Historical Bulletin, I hope you will take this invitation into serious consideration. Please send your manuscript by May 8, 2016. For additional information queries may be sent through email@example.com.
Fernando A. Santiago, Jr., PhD
Associate-Editor of the Historical Bulletin
(Presenters were sent a copy of the call for papers via their email accounts on March 29, 2016. If you did not receive it, please get in touch with us through the email address provided above.)